Bob brings over 28 years of technology experience & entrepreneurship to CopperEgg – across startup and public companies with executive and operational roles that have spanned marketing, product management, product marketing, and engineering. He has held executive positions at a number of private and public companies including Hyper9 (acquired by SolarWinds in 2011), EMC Ionix (acquired by VMware in 2010), and nLayers (acquired by EMC in 2005). With deep domain knowledge in IT management, cloud computing, and virtualization, Bob has brought a range of innovative and successful products and services to market that span the IT stack across application, virtual, cloud, server, network, and storage layers.
Bob holds a BA in Mathematical Science from the Johns Hopkins University and an MSEE from George Washington University.
- Passionate about: his family, fly-fishing, good wines, creativity, and innovation.
Chief Strategy Officer/Co-Founder
At CopperEgg, Scott is a seasoned, experienced and extremely driven entrepreneur with a passion for technology, and a love for being part of the start-up environment. Scott’s dedication and passion for technology led him to his first start-up in 1984 when he co-founded Thomas-Conrad Corporation with Walter Thirion, which was later purchased by Compaq. Scott met Eric several years ago and formed an almost instant kinship. Their passions and shared vision drove them to explore among other things, business ideas and ultimately form CopperEgg.
- Family: Scott has a wife and two grown children. And three dogs
- Most Inspired By: The life and work of Nikola Tesla
- Most proud of: The growth and success of Thomas-Conrad, its positive impact on Austin, and the ongoing success of the hundreds of people who were part of it. And of course, his family. He describes his children as his best accomplishments!
Eric is a man of many hats and even more surprises. This mild mannered technology innovator has a passion for progressive funk-rock music and skydiving. When Eric isn’t falling out of the sky, he’s hard at work at CopperEgg. His past experience as both a software engineer and systems administrator for companies including Centaur Technologies and StorSpeed give him the edge in really understanding IT-related challenges and finding appropriate, effective solutions for CopperEgg’s customers. Eric and Scott together drive CopperEgg’s vision and direction. Eric jumps in head first to assist in coding, testing, planning and anything else that will lead to the enhancement of CopperEgg’s products. And of course, he runs CopperEgg’s Operations.
- Family: Wife and a young son and daughter
- Most Inspired By: Nikola Tesla
- First Concert: Primus
- Hobbies: Skydiving, music, problem solving, doing the things that people say can’t be done (He’s the perfect candidate for “Amazing Race”)
Mike defines himself as “a regular guy who loves technology”. In actuality, Mike is a technology sales powerhouse who practically invented consultative sales. Mike cares as much about the customers he works with as he does about the products he delivers. Full of energy, willing to do whatever is needed, and passionate about implementing solutions of value to each customer, Mike is a perpetual motion machine that loves to immerse himself in whatever requires attention. Simply speaking, Mike “gets it”. He knows technology, he invests time to learn his customer’s business and bases his recommendations around providing the best options for his customers. Prior to joining CopperEgg, Mike was with Hyper9 which was acquired by SolarWinds.
- Family: Wife and two grown children
- Pets: A varying number of dogs as he and his wife are also foster parents. At the moment he has 2 Chihuahuas and a Dachshund.
- Hobbies: Cooking (especially ribs)
- First Concert: Led Zeppelin (1977)