Microsoft Windows Azure -
Windows Azure enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. You can build applications using any operating system, language or tool.costs.
Azure Role Monitoring
CopperEgg is a registered Microsoft partner. RevealCloud monitors critical OS, system, and process statistics – in real-time – across servers in any cloud environment.
In addition, RevealCloud real-time monitoring supports Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, including Hyper-V. Other OS support includes FreeBSD, MacOS X, and most other 2.6+ Linux distributions, including Debian, RHEL, Azure, Fedora, Amazon, SuSE, openSuSE, Vyatta, and Gentoo.
Critical Azure performance monitoring data collected includes:
• CPU utilization, per CPU and in-aggregate
• Details of the individual components of CPU utilization, including CPU steal and I/O wait
• Memory stats like cache, buffer, active
• Network TX and RX across each NIC and in-aggregate
• Disk volume consumption by volume
• Disk I/O
• Swap Activity
• Processes, CPU, and memory (like task manager on steroids)
• And many more.
Azure Process Monitoring
3 ways Azure process monitoring with RevealCloud can help you:
1. Easily identify a process that has consumed too much memory or CPU. If a system is running high on CPU or memory, you can detect which processes may need to be stopped or restarted.
2. Discover if an issue arises by 2 or more processes or jobs running simultaneously. This might cause a high load on the system and may extend the run time of the combined jobs as opposed to them running at various times. Example: running an AV scan while trying to do a backup.
3. Gain visibility into multiple CPUs to determine if a process or job may not be written to take advantage of multiple CPUs. If this was not visible, a job may take longer to execute than anticipated. With RevealCloud you can verify that a job is only using one CPU as opposed to multiple. Here is what a multiprocessor system should look like:
Azure Cloud Support
CopperEgg supports RevealCloud as part of Windows Azure Role deployment.
Latest Azure News & Helpful Things
- Azure newletter: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/community/newsletter
- CopperEgg announces Azure Monitoring: http://copperegg.com/release-copperegg-expands-server-monitoring-into-windows-azure-environments/
- CopperEgg on Pinpoint: http://pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/PartnerDetails.aspx?PartnerId=4298287666
- CopperEgg on PartnerPoint: http://www.partnerpoint.com/Company-Directory/Detail/True/UserID/23786.aspx